Entrepreneurship Summer Camp and Personal Enrichment (E.S.C.A.P.E.)
|What Will I
|How Do I
This is a one-week camp of highly interactive sessions that will teach the basics of entrepreneurship and introduce the process of taking an idea through to a business plan presentation.
The Entrepreneurship Summer Camp and Personal Enrichment program (E.S.C.A.P.E.) is designed to give high school students with a passion for business an understanding and appreciation for the process of starting a business and maintaining ethical business practices. Our goal is to educate as well as inspire the young entrepreneur.
Who Should Apply top
The Entrepreneurship Summer Camp and Personal Enrichment program (E.S.C.A.P.E.) is open to highly motivated high school students who are in grades 9, 10, 11, or 12 in the 2013-2014 school year, and who have a passion for business and want to learn more about entrepreneurship.
What Will I Learn top
Each day is packed with lectures from NSU professors and South Florida business leaders, lively discussions, and interactive exercises. Topics include:
Day 1: Introduction to entrepreneurship, creativity and innovation
Day 2: Developing a business plan
Day 3: Formulating a marketing plan
Day 4: Financial planning
Day 5: Leadership skills, business etiquette, and presentation of business plans to real CEOs
E.S.C.A.P.E. campers will also get a sense of college life when they visit the H. Wayne Huizenga School of Business and Entrepreneurship, the Alvin Sherman Library, the Don Taft Student Center, and take a tour of the campus.
The program will develop and enhance the following skills:
- Creativity and innovation
- Communication—both oral and written
- Team building
- Presentation style
When Should I Apply top
The cut-off date for Admission Applications, Code of Conduct Forms and the $50 application fee is June 2, 2014. Class size is limited to ensure participation in discussions and activities. Students are encouraged to apply early.
How Do I Apply top
The following needs to be mailed, scanned or faxed to:
Huizenga Business School
Carl DeSantis Building, Suite 2088
Nova Southeastern University
3301 College Avenue
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33314-7796
- The completed Registration Form (Downloadable Form)
- The signed Code of Conduct Form (Downloadable Form)
- A check or Credit Card Authorization Form (Downloadable Form) for $50
What other information is needed:
- Due June 2, 2014 ~ A sealed Recommendation Form (Downloadable Form) completed by a high school teacher or guidance counselor
- Due June 2, 2014 ~ A typed personal essay between 200-250 words on one of the following topics pertaining to a business you plan to start:
- My Great Idea (Tell us about a product or service you think should exist but doesn’t)
- From Hobby to Business (Tell us about your hobby and how you would turn it into a business)
Essays must include a company name
- Due June 2, 2014 ~ Emergency Contact Form (Downloadable Form)
- Due June 2, 2014 ~ Field Trip Form (Downloadable Form)
- Due June 2, 2014 ~ Medical History Form (Downloadable Form) - Please submit a copy (front and back of your insurance card)
Program Dates top
July 21-25, 2014 | 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
All camp sessions are held in Room 2097 on the second floor in the H. Wayne Huizenga School of Business and Entrepreneurship at Nova Southeastern University in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
Program Fee top
Application fee: $50.00 due with Admission Application
Program fee: $500.00 tuition fee includes program materials, daily lunch and refreshment breaks. Once received, an invoice will be emailed to the parent responsible for payment. Due date is June 30, 2014. You can pay with a check or credit card (Downloadable Form), checks should be made payable to Nova Southeastern University.
For Questions or Additional Information top
Contact Brian Morgan at 954-262-5161 or firstname.lastname@example.org
|Cheryl R. Babcock, CFE|