Thousands of students who recognize the professional importance of a master's degree have discovered the exceptional programs available at the H. Wayne Huizenga School of Business and Entrepreneurship. Whether you choose to study part-time or full-time, online or in the classroom, you will find a program and format that meets your needs.
If you have questions at any time regarding the admissions process, please Contact Us or call the Office of Enrollment Services at 800.672.7223, ext. 25168 or 954.262.5168.
Master's Degree Admission/Application Requirements top
Admission to the Master's degree programs is competitive. Applications are individually reviewed and admission is offered to those applicants who meet both qualitative and quantitative criteria. All required documentation must be received before an admission decision can be offered.
The Master of Science in Real Estate Development and Master of Public Administration programs have different admission requirements:
MS in Real Estate Development Admission Requirements
Master of Public Administration Admission Requirements
- A conferred bachelors degree from a regionally accredited U.S. institution or an equivalent degree for international applicants.
- An overall undergraduate GPA of 2.50 or greater on a 4.00 scale as reflected on official, final transcripts from all undergraduate institutions attended.
Applicants will be considered eligible for admission if their undergraduate GPA in the final 60 hours of their enrollment is a 2.50 or greater on a 4.00 scale.
- For applicants who have earned a 2.25-2.49 cumulative undergraduate GPA or who have earned a GPA of 2.25-2.49 in the last 60 hours of their undergraduate program, a minimum GMAT (Graduate Management Admission Test) score of 450 or a minimum GRE (Graduate Record Examination) score of 306 (1,000 using the previous reporting scale) is required.
- Applicants with an undergraduate degree from a non-regionally accredited institution will be considered for admission. Such applicants must demonstrate an undergraduate GPA of 2.50 or greater on a 4.00 scale and a GMAT score of 450+ or a GRE score of 306+.
- A Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) is required for applicants whose native language is not English and whose bachelor's degree education was not completed in English. A TOEFL score of 550 (paper test) or 79 (Internet test) from within one year of application or a minimum score of 6.0 on the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) exam. A letter on official letterhead from the applicant's prior university stating that all bachelor's degree course material was taught and studied in English may suffice for the TOEFL requirement.
- Completed Master's Application for Admission and non-refundable $50 application fee.
- Official transcripts from all colleges and universities previously attended. The applicant's bachelor degree transcript must show degree conferral date in order to be evaluated for admission consideration. Electronic transcripts can be sent to email@example.com or by mail at:
Nova Southeastern University
Enrollment Processing Services (EPS)
Attn: H. Wayne Huizenga School of Business and Entrepreneurship
3301 College Avenue
PO Box 299000
Fort Lauderdale-Davie, Florida 33329-9905
- Other admission documentation may be required, please continue to read below.
- For those applicants who completed their degree outside of the United States, they must have their foreign transcript evaluated by a NACES accredited organization. A list of these organizations can be found at www.naces.org.
- The independent academic evaluation must list the degree equivalency and include a GPA (grade point average) calculation as well as a course-by-course credit evaluation.
- The academic evaluation must be completed for all undergraduate work and be performed based on original and official documents.
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) is required of those applicants whose first language is other than English. Minimum paper score = 550; minimum Internet score = 79. TOEFL scores earned more than one year prior to the date of enrollment will not be accepted.
- TALK International, School of Languages: Completion of level 9 test with a score of 85% or higher.
- Completion of ENC 1101 and ENC 1102 with a grade of "C" or higher from a regionally accredited institution.
- A score of 54 on the PTE Academic examination is acceptable in lieu of the TOEFL.
- A letter on official letterhead from the applicant's prior university stating that all bachelor's degree course material was taught and studied in English may suffice for the TOEFL requirement.
- The required score for International English Language Testing System (IELTS) is 6.0.
Special Note Regarding the Online Application for Admission
The online Application for Admission is located at http://www.nova.edu/gradadmissions/index.html. You must create a login ID and a PIN. The PIN must be 6 digits long. Record this information should you need to return to the application at a later date.
When all information has been provided, you must click on the navigation button "Application is Complete."
Please remember to download, print, and complete the Transcript Request Form.
As all required materials are received by Nova Southeastern University, you will receive email acknowledgements.
Applicants who meet each of the requirements for admission may be offered full admission to the Master's degree program to which they are seeking admission.
To be fully admitted to Master's degree programs, all applicants must provide, official, final college transcripts AND official copies of GMAT or GRE scores (in addition to all other required documentation).
Applicants who are in their last term of their bachelor's degree and choose to submit unofficial college transcripts showing courses in progress in conjunction with a letter(on letterhead) from their school stating that they are enrolled in their last term and their expected graduation date, may be offered conditional admission to the Master's programs. This initial status of conditional admission allows students to register for one term only. All admission requirements must be met and final official documents must be received prior to registration for the subsequent term.
* Students who are completing their degree program outside of the United States may not qualify for conditional admission.Conditional Admission Letter Template (Must provide a letter to the admissions office on college/university letterhead.)
Applicants who choose to submit unofficial college transcripts showing degree conferred and examinee copies of GMAT or GRE scores may be offered provisional admission to the Master's programs. This initial status of provisional admission allows students to register for one term only. All final and official documents must be received prior to registration for the subsequent term.Provisional Admission Letter Template (Must provide a letter to the admissions office on college/university letterhead.)
Because Master's level study extends knowledge and skills acquired in both the classroom and workplace, each of our programs of study assume prerequisite knowledge in selected content areas. Satisfactory completion of foundation courses requires a "C" grade or better in each.Master of Business Administration (all concentration areas)
- Business or Corporate Finance
- Economics (Micro or Macro)
- Financial Accounting
- Business or Corporate Finance
- Economics (Macro or Micro)
- Financial Accounting
- American Government
- Financial Accounting
- No foundation courses required
- Concentration in accounting at the undergraduate level *
- Completion of the following undergraduate course sequence:
- Financial Accounting
- Intermediate Accounting I, II, and III
- Cost accounting
- Advanced Accounting
- Basic Auditing
- Completion of an undergraduate degree in a business discipline or an undergraduate degree and accounting and finance for tax professionals *
- Basic understanding of elementary statistics, data processing, and mathematics.
* Students admitted to either the Master of Accounting or Master of Taxation Programs that have not completed an undergraduate degree in a business discipline (or an undergraduate degree and accounting and finance for tax professionals) will need to complete the necessary course prerequisite by enrolling in a sequence of foundation courses. Contact the Program Office for additional details about foundation requirements.
The Huizenga School will accept up to two courses (six credits) of master's level course work completed at another regionally accredited institution as a transfer credit. The following conditions apply to transfer courses:
- The final grade earned in each course must be no less than a B (3.00 on a 4.00 scale)
- The institution from which the course was earned must be regionally accredited
- Transfer courses must not have been applied to a previously earned degree
- Both the course content and credit hours must be the equivalent of courses available at NSU in the student's degree program
- In order for transfer courses to be considered they must be requested at the time of application. Requests made after application will not be reviewed.
- Master's level courses accepted as transfer credit may not be applied to graduate-level certificate programs
Tuition and Fee Schedule top
At the Huizenga Business School, we know that tuition is a major factor when deciding on the right university. For that reason, we want to provide you with a clear understanding of the anticipated costs for earning your master's business degree at NSU. Keep in mind that since tuition is credit-based, each program has a varying total tuition cost for completing your degree. As a general estimate, you should anticipate a total tuition cost of $31,003.
Tuition charges vary as a function of the program and delivery system best-suited to your needs:
|Master's and MBA programs (per credit):||2014-15|
|M.B.A. Day Program||$821|
|Master of Accounting (per credit):||2014-15|
|Master of Taxation (per credit):||2014-15|
|Master of Science in Leadership (per credit):||2014-15|
|Specific and Foundation Course Tuition:||2014-15|
|MGT 5110, MGT 5111, and MGT 5112 (per course)||$100|
|ACTP 5711 (per course)||$100|
|ACTP 5712 (per course)||$200|
|INB 5804 (per course)||$200|
|PUBP 5002 and PUBP 5003 (per course)||$300|
|Ground based courses||$1350|
|Student Services ($131.25 for 3 credits or less and $262.50 for 4 credits or more per term- maximum $1050.00 per year)||$131.25 / $262.50|
|Course Materials: INB 5848||$150|
|Course Materials: REE Program- ULI Membership||$250|
|INB 5846: International Field Seminar Fee||$1200|
|Late Tuition and Fee Payment||$100|
Start Dates and Application Deadlines top
Start Dates and Application Deadlines
Students may begin master's study in the Winter, Spring, Summer or Fall. Students appreciate the flexibility our rolling admission policy affords them. While this policy allows our admissions committee to make decisions throughout the calendar year, please recognize that we limit the size of each entering class. As such, applicants are encouraged to submit their applications as far in advance as possible for processing and decision making.
- Winter Term - begins January 1
- Spring Term - begins April 1
- Fall Term - begins mid August